Greetings

Life is grande,
Love is limitless,
All are deserving.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Re-collected

Recall the old square?
Where we sat for long hours pontificating on the argument of…
…nature versus nurture

Those were the days my friend.
A quasi-epoch that seemed would have no end.
Oh, how those times have flitted away like the moth at predawn.

I long again to challenge your superior intellect,
On topics far-reaching and varied.
We lived in those days with a feeling unfettered by better judgement;
We supped without regard for lifestyle consequences;
We were hungry for knowledge and the world.

My brother, my comrade, my…
Language fails me now in my greatest need of its most honest foot-soldiers;
You their Rear-Admiral of distinction has departed the pages of the upright,
To lie in the warm folds of history’s papyrus.

Go with grace my friend,
We speak not of your time here in pompous terms.

No comments: